Monday, January 25, 2010

Meal Plan Week 1.1

So the nutrition part of the program is already proving to be a little difficult, for the fact that I'm temporarily staying at my parents house. 1) There is no room in the fridge for my stuff! I wanted to plan and shop for the week, but I'm unable to buy a week's worth of food. Only a few days at a time. 2) My commute has gone from 10 mins to about 60. That means I have to eat much earlier, shifting all my meals a little early thus making it harder when I'm working OT hours. But thinking about it now, seems easier to take this thing one at a time, with a little bit of planning ahead. I know roughly what I want to eat throughout the week, buy the things I need for that, then I have the flexibility to change it day by day. But definitely HAVE to think at least a day ahead and plan and make what you're going to eat. So 3/4's of the way through my first day of dieting and it hasn't been too bad. There was not one time today that I was aching in hunger and it was easy to wake up a little early this morning to prepare my breakfast and lunch.. so i think I'm on the right track! Here's what my meal plan looks like for today:

Breakfast: Abs Diet Power Smoothie
Snack 1: 1 Tbls Peanut Butter, Cup of strawberries, 1 String Cheese
Lunch: Turkey Sandwich on Whole Wheat Bread, with glass of 1% Milk and an apple
Snack 2: Ounce of Almonds and a bunch of baby carrots (which I am currently snacking on)
Dinner: Sushi (most likely Spicy Tuna Roll with Seaweed Salad and some Salmon Sashimi)
Snack 3: Leftover smoothie

So for dinner, I didn't prepare anything =T. Already off to a bad start right? So I had to find a smart and healthy alternative to eat out, and I chose Sushi. If you know what to get, you can form a low fat, low carb and high protein dinner. And at my sushi restaurant in Novato, I can choose the multigrain rice option which makes the carbs good carbs. I don't see how I can lose with this dinner. Just can't make it a habit to go here all the time when I forget a meal cause it can be $$$ over time. There must be other great options out there. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment