Sunday, January 17, 2010

Oakland Marathon March 27-28

That's right. I'll be running in it!... well, sort of. What... you didn't think I'd run the whole thing by myself did you? You must be as crazy as I am! Truth is, this is the first marathon in Oakland in 25 years (that's almost my lifetime ago) and they are offering a 4 person team relay which I agreed to do with my sister. So it works out how you think it would. The marathon is divided into 4 legs, with one person on a team to each leg, which comes out to about 6-7 miles per person. Much more doable yeah? I don't think I'll be needing to tape my nipples at that distance. But I, am not by any means, a runner. Or a long distance runner rather. So I still believe this will be a challenge to get my endurance up to speed to run my leg in a respectable time, and it will be interesting to see how this will affect my ability to try to build muscle mass and to see if my diet will be adequate enough for these long runs. I don't think it'll be too big of a problem since I'm only running about 6 miles or so. Expect updates of my running progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment