Thursday, January 21, 2010

Suggested Resources

Since I've started this blog, I've been trying to get people to follow me, from friends to coworkers, to a fitness professional, and even a random cute girl that works at a local restaurant. Not only am I doing this to help keep me on task and motivated, but I'm hoping on some level that it would inspire others who are in the same boat as me to try to take steps towards a healthier or more fit lifestyle (for whatever reasons you are doing it). But since then, I've gotten a few suggestions or links from friends of resources that could help me reach my goal. So instead of being selfish, I thought I'd share them with you!

The Plate Method: My friend Sonia is a studying MD and sent this link to me to check out. So she works with this doctor, and whenever a patient comes in and talks about wanting to lose weight, he shows them this site. He even got an overweight trucker to lose 200 lbs by using this method! Definitely worth a mention. You don't have to buy the products if you don't want to, but the concept of it can still be applied successfully. Check out the site here.

101 Ways to Lose Your Gut: My friend Henry sent me this link, and I think there's a lot of good stuff there. Some stuff is talked about or focused on in the Ab's Diet, but there seems to be a lot of small things you can do to help turn your body into a fat burning furnace. My suggestion: try starting with just one or a few of the suggestions. Then the next week, add on a few more. Hopefully within a few months or a year, these things will become habitual. Check it out here.

There are so many great resources out there for this kind of thing, so if you have some suggestions yourself, don't be shy! Share it in the comments. It could be anything from a certain exercise that you find works really well, to an interesting article you read about diet, or a small tip like the 101 Ways to Lose Your Gut thing, or maybe something you've tried that you found wasn't successful at all. Anything! Share it with the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment